We often need documents scanned and emailed to us the same day, whether it’s a signed contract or licensing a young performer under the age of 16.
If you don’t have access to a scanner we have a solution:
There is an app you can download for free on iPhones, androids, tablets and iPads called ‘TinyScan’. This app is completely free to download. It takes photos of the document(s) and converts them into PDFs (Portable Document Formats).
We can’t use photographs of documents as when we come to print them and try to scan them (Production Companies and Councils won’t accept photographs) the quality is lost and it comes out blurry.
How to use TinyScan:
- Open the app and click on the plus button, bottom centre of the screen
- Take a photo of the first page by pressing the circular button at the bottom centre of the screen
- Frame the document – you will be able to drag the blue frame around the document
- Click on ‘next’
- Click on the circle that is half filled in at the top of the screen this will turn the photograph into a black and white PDF document. (Alternatively if we request a photograph of a document, for example a copy of your passport, which needs to be in colour you can lick on the image icon on the top right of the screen
- Click on the tick
- To add another page click on the camera icon with the plus symbol or to add another photograph click on the image icon on the bottom (same icon as previous)
- To send us the document via email click on the square icon that has an arrow coming out the middle in the bottom right hand corner. Click on Email followed by ‘Normal’ and then put in our email address